Posted on | May 10, 2012 | 5 Comments
Hi everyone! It’s Kathy from the ICE Resin® Creative Team
I’ve created this quick video to show you how ICE Resin® can enhance the color and protect the finish on rusty metal pieces. Once you’ve coated the pieces with resin and they have cured, they’ll be ready to use in your next jewelry or mixed media project.
I hope you enjoy the video.
Process for Coating the Metal with Resin:
1. Line your work surface with a plastic garbage bag.
2. Mix the resin according to package instructions.
2. Wearing latex gloves, use a small piece of cellulose sponge to apply the resin in a dabbing motion to the backside of the metal.
3. Flip the metal over and repeat to coat the topside.
4. Let the resin cure. Once the piece is cured it will be easy to remove without sticking to the plastic.