Metal Stamping with Lexi Grenzer

Posted on | November 6, 2012 | 11 Comments

You will need a sturdy working surface to emboss your metal finding. Lexi Grenzer shows how straight forward the techinique is for successful metal stamping. More tools: a metal bench block, chasing hammer, ruler, sharpie, steel wool, polishing cloth, and of course your metal embossing set.

Lexi shares more fun on her Shabby Calavera blog.

Comments

11 Responses to “Metal Stamping with Lexi Grenzer”

1. Cindy Cima Edwards
    November 6th, 2012 @ 07:39

Terrific video Lexi! I needed to watch this!

2. Technique Tuesday on the ICE Resin Blog | Live To Design
    November 6th, 2012 @ 07:55

[…] Check out the technique video by my fellow ICE Resin Creative Team Member Lexi Grenzer on the eZine Blog. […]

3. Debra
    November 6th, 2012 @ 09:22

Thanks, Lexi!! Great tip to make the marks for letter placement…

4. Kathy @ Katalina Jewelry
    November 6th, 2012 @ 10:25

Great video, Lexi!

5. cat kerr
    November 6th, 2012 @ 11:19

Your so cute!! Love the video and tips!! xo

6. Christy
    November 6th, 2012 @ 13:57

Very good video. I really appreciate seeing how you do your metal stamping. Thanks!

7. GungGung
    November 7th, 2012 @ 09:02

This is a great video for the uninitiated as well as the experienced. You are a natural teacher Lexi

8. Irene Leong
    November 7th, 2012 @ 19:59

Hi Beautiful and Sweet Daughter,

I just loved this video… you took a project that I would have normally found intimidating and broke it down into easy-to-understand instructions. I particularly liked the way you showed us how to re-stamp a character in instances where we did not make full contact with the metal surface. Thank you for sharing one of your many talents and for introducing me to this website and the other wonderful artists. I love you, Mom

9. Ginger Swanson
    November 8th, 2012 @ 20:47

Lexi I have to thank you for the awesome tip about the black dots for letter placement on your metal. Genius! Now why didn’t I think of that? I am curious, do you find stamping on other metals besides copper to be more difficult to get an impression? Or is it just me?

Also why must I answer a math question to submit a comment?

10. Jen Crossley
    November 9th, 2012 @ 02:39

Very Nice Video

11. Lexi
    November 9th, 2012 @ 22:55

Thanks everyone for all your sweet comments and support!
    Ginger, you’re too funny…and I’m so glad you found this video useful. In response to your question, metals will totally vary (thickness etc)in how hard you have to strike. Sometimes you simply need a couple more taps…I always do a test first. But I have to admit, brass & copper are my two favorites to metal stamp in.
    Regarding the math question…it just wants to make sure you’re a real person:P But yah, it cracks me up too!!
    Ciao’ Everyone!