Posted on | April 30, 2014 | 58 Comments
Come on in! We are pleased to share these 19 unique projects from 17 talented designers across a range of jewelry, collage, paper craft and mixed media projects.
Misty Grosse, our ICE Resin booth manager’s first love is cards so she made cards and a great box to put them in.
Here are the cards… oh so perfect for Mother’s Day!
Materials Needed for Card Box:
Gift Box, Acrylic Paint, Foam Brushes, Paper Pack with Images and Wording, Bezel of your choice, ICE Resin, Stir Cups Stir Sticks, Metal Embellishments, Charms, Jeweled Brads, Large flower punch, Paper, Flowers, Lace, Any type of fabric ribbon
1. First start off with your box and paint the entire piece. Pay attention to the edges.
2. Gather your supplies to get started on your Bezel. Printed papers, metal charms, embellishments, etc. Cut or tear your paper to fit in the back of your bezel. Select phrases or words to add of your liking. Lastly, add your Metal Charms and or embellishments. (If you want to keep the true color of your paper remember to use our paper sealer….sealing the entire area front and back.)
3. After you have completed your bezel deign you can started mixing your Ice Resin. Make sure to stir at least 2 1/2 to three minutes.
4. Slowly pour the ICE Resin into the center of your piece. The resin will spread to the outside of your piece. Not to worrying if your embellishments move a little bit. You can use your Stir Stick to gently move them back into place.
5. After you have completed your Ice Resin pour you can set you piece aside to dry (six to 12 hours).
6. You can add a metal embellishment to the front of your box using a few jeweled brads.
7. Gather your fabric ribbon and your finished bezel to add to the top of your box.
So let’s get hoppin! Here’s who else is posting today:
***Blog Hop Hint – if you click on a link that takes you to a page saying something like, “Sorry this page cannot be found,” just click on the header at the top of the blog (usually a picture, or the blog’s name), and it will take you to that blog’s most recent post. That post *should* be our hop. If not, you can probably scroll down a short way to find the hop post.
How to Hop:
Each day we’ll post the designers participating in the Blog Hop. Click on each one and check out their project. Leave a comment on their blog that lets them know you really looked at their project. We ‘ll draw three blogs at random from the four days, then randomly draw one commenter from each blog. You must have a U.S. mailing address to win, but we’d love for everyone to hop and comment! You can check out the Official Rules for all our contests if you have questions.
We know you’ll want to try this yourself, and to make that easy we’re offering a nice prize package this week! Three lucky winners will receive a package with:
• 2 – Stampendous Perfectly Clear Stamp™ sets with designs sized for jewelry or small project making
• 2 – StazOn™ permanent ink pads by Tsukineko® courtesy of Imagine Crafts® – yummy Ganache and the must-have Jet Black
• 1 – 30ml package of ICE Resin Jeweler’s Grade Self-Doming resin
• 1 – pkg Suzan Lenart Kazmer Art Mechanique Silhouettes in Heart Shape
• 1 – pkg Kristen Robinson Rue Romatique bezel(s) (styles vary). WOW!! You’ll be crafting some awesome jewelry in no time!
Want the chance to be one of 3 random winners of a prize package by ICE Resin, Stampendous and StazOn? Just comment on on the posts. Winners will be announced Monday or Tuesday, so be sure to check back.
Amazing Projects coming up:
Carol La Valley
John Creighton Petersen