Posted on | July 6, 2014 | 4 Comments
Trailblazing metalsmith Susan Lenart Kazmer shares her signature wireworking techniques in a new workshop focused on wire cages and other dimensional ways to use wire in jewelry. Showcase found objects, add an organic look, and embrace your wired side with Susan’s creative design ideas.
The digital download is available now! Click HERE.
The DVD is available August 13, 2014. You can get either one by clicking this Interweave Store link.
In Forge Wire Cages and Other 3D Forms for Jewelry Making: Capture Stone, Glass and Found Objects, artisans will:
- Learn how to anneal and hammer wire of all gauges, with complete control at all times
- Build several wire cage designs using a combination of soldering and cold connections
- Ball wire ends and use these components for structure and decoration
- Achieve motion in your designs with links and hinges
- Combine fiber and wire in the same pieces for texture and color galore
- Play with paint and various finishing options