Posted on | October 11, 2014 | Comments Off on Halloween Blog Hop: Lips as Red as the Rose (an ICE Resin belt buckle)
Halloween is a great time for fairy tales– well, any time is a great time for fairy tales!– when I was a little girl the evil queens who scared me the most were Maleficent and the nameless Wicked Queen from Snow White. When this blog hop came up, I knew just the image I wanted to use from my stash of paper to make an ICE Resin belt buckle. Kind of dressing up without actually wearing a costume.
Supplies: ICE Resin, Belt Buckle (HHH Enterprizes has nice ones), Image, English Cottage Acrylic Paint by Indigo Blu color: Vodka Martini, Art Mechanique Paper Sealer
Tools: Craft Cup and stir stick, non-stick craft mat, paint brush.
1. Cut out your image and seal it on both sides. Let dry.
2. Paint center of buckle with acrylic paint, place your image in the center. Let dry.
3. Mix ICE Resin: Equal parts, part A Resin and part B Hardener. Stir gently for 2 minutes and let rest for about 5.
4. Place your belt buckle on a jar or something to make it level.
Drip ICE Resin into the center of the belt buckle. My belt buckle was not a deep bezel so even though ICE Resin naturally domes, in this case I only dripped on a thin layer. Let dry.
Here’s the final installment of fabulous Halloween ideas from our creative blogging friends. Join the blog hop & click on each of the links below, for the Halloween projects you’d like to see in more detail and it’ll take you right to that post with additional information and photos on how to create it. Have fun and pin away!
1. Mini Ghost Pumpkin Cakes
2. Easy Halloween Sculpey necklace
3. Owl-ween Party
4. Easy Halloween Cupcake Wrapper Wreath
5. Halloween Polka Dot Pillow
6. Halloween Dinner Party Table Setting
7. Halloween Party Garland
8. Halloween Oreo Truffles
9. Skeleton Hat
10. Fabric Halloween Wreath Tutorial
11. Pumpkin Carving 101
12. Dress It Up Halloween Trick-or-Treat Bags
13. Lips as Red as the Rose (an ICE Resin belt buckle) You are here :)
14. Easy Halloween Caramel Apple Dippers
15. Raccoon Mask
16. Pumpkin Tea Towels
17. Easy Halloween Window Cling
Follow our Fabulous Halloween Ideas Pinterest board for even more inspiration!
Thanks to all 110+ fabulous bloggers participating! We’d love for you to visit their blogs and see what else they’re up to!