Posted on | November 17, 2014 | 2 Comments
I don’t know about you, but I love to gather with friends and loved ones and celebrate the holidays. We usually drink out of fancy glasses when we get together and I have seen wine glass charms making a come back. Actually, one of my very first shows I sold my work at was a Wine Festival and one of my very first sales was a set of wine glass charms. I thought these would be fun to make give as a hostess gift.
Jennifer Cabic, Silver Peanut Blog
Tools and Materials:
Iced Enamels™ Relique in Chartreuse, Glitz Gold and Glitz Silver
Iced Enamels™ Shattered Mica in Bronze and Chartreuse
Iced Enamels™ Shattered Shattered Opal
Iced Enamels™ Medium
Disposable paint brushes
20 gauge bronze wire
StazOn Ink Pads in different colors
Various holiday stamps
Drill with bit
Bowl of water for quenching
1. Cut (3) pieces of 9” 20 gauge bronze wire and wrap in appx. 1” circle bezels.
2. Cut (3) pieces of 3” 20 gauge bronze wire and hammer them flat. Draw a ball on each end using a torch and quench in water.
3. Wire wrap the flat wire around the circle bezels where the ends meet to hold the circle shape.
4. Using a disposable paintbrush, paint a light coat of Iced Enamels™ Medium onto each bezel. Dip each into different colors of Iced Enamels™, tap off excess and melt using a craft heat gun.
5. Mix ICE Resin® according to manufacturer instructions. Using a disposable paintbrush, paint a thin layer over the enameled bezels and let dry for 24 hours.
6. Affix each bezel onto pieces of packing tape and push firmly to get as good of a seal as you can. Cut a couple thin pieces of tape and press them onto the outer edge of the bezel to form a perpendicular wall to help prevent resin from oozing out.
7. Mix another batch of resin. Using stir stick, drip a small amount into the bottoms of the bezels and sprinkle shattered mica in each and let dry for 12 hours.
8. Using different holiday stamps and different color inkpads, stamp your designs onto transparency material then cut out to size of bezels.
9. Mix another batch of ICE Resin®. Using tweezers, dip stamped transparency into resin and place in bezels. Cut a piece of rhinestone chain and add as desired to each bezel to add some “bling”. Let dry for 24 hours.
10. When dry, peel bezels from packing tape and snip/file any resin that may have oozed out. (TIP: I found using lemon essential oil on a paper towel to remove the stickiness from the back of the bezels left by the packing tape works very well).
11. Drill a hole into the dried resin on each bezel and insert jump ring.
12. Cut (3) pieces of 20 gauge bronze wire and form into earring hoops and attach charm.