Posted on | November 9, 2014 | 16 Comments
Welcome to the final day of the 4th Annual Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! We hope you enjoyed the projects from the last 2 days! A few years ago we were looking online for handmade gift ideas and thought it would be great if there was a resource dedicated JUST to handmade gift ideas. Enter the Handmade Holidays hop! We’ve gathered over 100 of our creative blogger friends in the craft industry as well as some of our fellow product manufacturers to bring you a plethora of inspiring gift ideas you can make now to give to your friends, family, and colleagues. Pin and bookmark these ideas for this holiday season and to use throughout the year! Each day of the hop features approximately 30 gift projects and you can “hop” from one blog to another to check them all out.
Christmas Tree Ornament
by Jennifer Cabic
Tools and Materials:
ICE Resin®, mixing cups and stir sticks
Iced Enamels™ Relique in Ivory, Garnet, Glitz Silver & Glitz Gold
Iced Enamels™ Medium
Iced Enamels™ Paper Sealer
Paper Maché Ornament
Graphic 45 Shabby Chic Ornate Stamped Metal Brads
Graphic 45 ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Collection – Ho Ho Ho Paper
Craft Heat Gun
Westcott Hobby Knife
1. Trace around paper maché ornament on the paper with pencil and cut out for each side and along edges.
2. Using disposable paintbrush, apply paper sealer to all paper and let dry. Glue onto paper maché ornament
3. Using a disposable paintbrush, apply Iced Enamels Medium™ to the front of the brads and along edges of front and back of ornament. Sprinkle with Iced Enamels™ and tap off excess. Using a craft heat gun, melt the enamels. Let cool.
4. Using the tip of your X-acto knife, cut small slits in the front and back of the ornament to push the brads into. Insert brads.
5. Mix ICE Resin® according to manufacturer instructions and using a disposable paintbrush, apply a light coat of resin to your ornament and the brads. Let dry for 24 hours.
Are you ready for lots more creative handmade gift ideas and projects??
Follow along on our blog hop! Simply click on each of the links below to be taken to that post with additional information and photos on how to create a handmade gift project. Have fun and pin away!
Follow our Handmade Holidays Gift Ideas Pinterest board for even more inspiration!
A huge thank you to our sponsors for this hop – please visit their blogs & websites below and follow them. And be sure to come back tomorrow for another 30+ amazing Handmade Gift Ideas!
Clearsnap || Ellison Educational Equipment || Walnut Hollow || Graphic45 || Westcott || ICE Resin || Therm O Web || Rowland Industries || Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L || Pink and Main || Elizabeth Craft Designs || The Buckle Boutique || Neat and Tangled